Honeybeee pests controlling Tips
- Use of small bee entrance holes. This will help control and avoid beetle invasions.
- Regular hive inspection and physical removal of some pests such as beetles.
- Clear bushes beneath and around the hives. This will control and prevent invasion of safari ants, sugar ants and termites attack.
- Use of wasp traps, identifying and destroying their nests.
- Avoid hanging hives in swampy areas. Constantly inspect hives to control frogs and toads.
- Maintain the apiary clean to help control snakes and lizards.
- Fence the apiaries with thorns or chicken wire mesh. A strongly built bee house helps control honey badgers and monkeys.
- Grease hanging wires and hanging poles at the ground level. This helps prevent ant attacks.
Beekeepers should adhere to these honeybee pests controlling tips to harvest quality honey.
If beekeepers adhere to these honeybee pests controlling tips, it will help make management of the apiary easy.