Honey Care Africa Snacks
Easy Ways to Check for Pure Honey
- This occurs because honey contains more than 70% natural sugars and less than 20% water.
- The amount of natural sugars makes it unstable.
- Thus, it is natural for it to crystallize since it is an over-saturated solution of natural sugars.
- Pure honey crystallizes over time which preserves the flavor and quality.
- Put a few drops of honey in a glass of water.
- Pure honey will settle at the bottom in form of a ball.
- Adulterated honey will dissolve in water, which can be noted visibly.
- Put a few drops of honey on a paper towel or a napkin.
- Pure honey will remain solid and will not get absorbed.
- Adulterated honey will get absorbed and wet the paper.
- Put a few a drops of honey near some ants and leave it for some time.
- Pure honey will not attract ants.
- If the honey attracts ants, it is impure.
- Bees include an additive to the honey to protect it from small pests like ants and beetles.
- Spread honey on a slice of bread.
- Leave it for a few minutes.
- Its pure if the bread becomes crispy or crunchy on the applied slice.
- Adulterated honey makes bread soggy because of additives.
- Pour honey on a cotton bud or candle wick.
- Light it with a match-stick flame.
- The cotton will catch fire if the honey is pure.
- Expose it to the flame for long.
- Mix a tablespoon of honey, a bit of water and 2-3 drops of vinegar essence together.
- The honey is not pure if the mixture foams up.