8 Honey Bee Pests Controlling Tips
- Use of small bee entrance holes helps in controlling and avoiding beetle invasions.
- Regular hive inspection and physical removal of some pests such as beetles
- Clearing bushes beneath and around the hives to control and prevent invasion of safari ants, sugar ants and termites attack.
- Use of wasp traps, identifying and destroying their nests.
- Avoid hanging hives in swampy areas. Constantly inspect hives to control frogs and toads.
- Maintaining the apiary clean helps control snakes and lizards.
- Fence the apiaries with thorns or chicken wire mesh. A strongly built bee house helps control honey badgers and monkeys.
- Grease hanging wires and hanging poles at the ground level. This helps prevent ant attacks.